Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bavarian Apple Torte

I have not made a cheesecake in a couple of years! Last week I made this for a coworker and ended up making 2 more - one for Mom and one for Me. It was delicious! I highly recommend it, especially if you love apples. I can't remember which cookbook I got this recipe from 3 or 4 years ago but when I find it, I will post it as the source. Happy Eating!

Bavarian Apple Torte



Crust
¾ cup  butter or margarine, softened
½ cup  sugar
1½ cups all purpose flour
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Filling
2 packages cream cheese (8oz) softened
¼ cup sugar
2 eggs
¾ teaspoon vanilla extract

Topping
3 cups thinly sliced peeled apples - wedge shaped (preferably tart apples)
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Combine the first four ingredients. Press unto the bottom of an ungreased 9” inch springform pan.  In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Pour over the crust. Combine topping ingredients; spoon over filling.

Bake at 350ยบ for 55-65 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator. Cut into wedges with a serrated knife. Serving size 12-14.

**Note: Even a tight-fitting springform pan may leak. To prevent drips, place the pan on a baking sheet in the oven. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

By Rachel Rivera Radcastle

By Rachel Rivera Radcastle

View in Israel

View in Israel